Friday, August 29, 2014

God is Awesome


Only God is AWESOME He is the creator of the universe, the redeemer for our souls.  He is mighty and powerful and in control of all things. 

In the last few years I hear all the time, including from my own mouth, the word Awesome.  I got a close parking spot Awesome!  I’m eating my favorite meal, Awesome! I got a new job, Awesome. I just saw the most Awesomeist thing I have ever seen, AWESOME!!  I just stubbed my toe, not Awesome. :( 

Let us remember that God is Awe-inspiring, He is grand, He is overwhelming, He is splendid, breathtaking, remarkable & amazing.  He is AWESOME!

The most wonderful thing about His Awesomeness is that He loves us.  Remarkably He loves us even while we are still sinners.   Romans 5:8 states that “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  You see that the only way that we can come into God’s Awesome presence is through Christ.  2 Corinthians 5:21 says “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”  When we believe that we have offended God, by our sin, and that we cannot pay for our sin on our own “For the wages of sin is death… Romans 6:23 a, and believe we need Jesus Christ to make the payment for our sin we get a miraculous gift.  …but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  Romans 6:23b.  If we believe that we are sinners and that Jesus paid the penalty for our sin we can spend eternity in God’s AWESOME presence.  

There are many wonderful things in the world that God has for us to enjoy, but this life is like a blink of an eye compared to eternity.  Eternity is forever, it never ends. 

I personally am going to stop using the word awesome except when referring to God, if you catch me call me out and I will thank you for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment