Thursday, November 7, 2013

Why the Birdee?


This is a true story and I marvel at how God works, and how His Word is alive and living.  How He causes all things to happen,  that nothing is coincidence, as He is Sovereign.   I have recently moved all the way across the USA from Vallejo, CA.  to Lexington KY about 2400 miles, which is huge in itself.  But I digress… This story takes place as I was driving to Awana to help out in the children’s ministry at church.  I had many thoughts going through my mind about my finances.  I had been working part-time as a temp employee, although I was super thankful for this job, I was not making enough money to cover my living expenses. I was reeling from the amount of money it had cost me to move, thinking of bills, bills bills, and oh yeah I need to get my car registered with new plates, not to mention I was having MAJOR plumbing problems at my rental home back in CA. which had the potential to cost thousands of dollars.  OH yes I am off from work for two weeks in December, in which I will not get compensated for.  I hope I don’t get in an accident as I have no medical benefits!  These are my thoughts as I was driving and yes I was major stressed out and in sin, as we are commended not to worry.  But God is gracious….As I was exiting the freeway and coming to a stop all the sudden all these birds, I mean at least 30 of them  land right in front of me.  I was already slowing down, however had to stop much quicker to avoid hitting them!  So I am sitting there thinking What In The World!  Why would all these birds land right in front of me like that? As I am watching these birds I notice that all of them are eating something, gulping it down, and was just reminded of the verse in Matthew 6:26 which our Lord Jesus spoke “ Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?”  I was reminded that God does provide and I need to trust.  Subsequently I did start trust Him, and asked forgiveness for my anxiety & worry.  When those anxious thoughts would start to creep in I would remember those birds, and it would calm me, and keep me from going down the wrong path.   Again, God is gracious…about 6 weeks later I was offered a job at a local community college which offed a compensation package that would cover my living expenses with an excellent benefit package.   My plumbing problems disappeared as the City of Vallejo took responsibility for the work they had done to cause all the problems.   I know that life & finances don’t always work out this well, however He is in control & we need to trust Him, as He knows what is best for us. 

To this day I truly believe those birds were God’s way of reminding me that He will provide all my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment