Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Do


Say “I Do” to Jesus
To the married and single alike I want to encourage the women out there to say “I Do” to Jesus.  Our Savior, our King, Brother & Friend, and yes even Husband. 
John 3:16-17
Revelation 19:16
Hebrews 2:11
John 15:15
Isaiah 54:5
Let us focus on all the wonderful & miraculous things He has done, no man on earth will ever love you like Jesus.  Instead of saying “I don’t want to be single” or “I don’t want to be married” (Yes it goes both ways) say “I Do” Yes, I Do what you want me to do.  If that’s a single life, Yes I will live it for your glory.  I will try my hardest to be content. I say try because I know I will fail, but I pray that you will always draw me back to you, as you have already done and do so continually.  I Do to living a life of purity, and not get sucked into what the world thinks I should do.  I Do to serving You so that others can be encouraged and that I may lead others to You.
  For the married say “I Do” to serve your husband and to be his helper. To love him the way God wants you to love, to be kind, patient, rejoicing with the truth, bearing, believing & hoping in all things.  To avoid arrogance, jealousy, unbecoming behavior to not be provoked or taking into account a wrong suffered.  1 Corinthians 13:4 This is the way the God calls all Christians to love, however isn’t hardest to love those who are the closest to us?  Say I Do to a selfless life and doing your husband good and not harm all the days of his life.  Proverbs 31:12
 
Let your prayer be….
Lord help me to say I Do to You. 

I Do cling to Your promises that You will work out all things for good for me because I love You because I was called according to your purpose.  Romans 8:28
 I Do remember that You have loved me with an everlasting love, and You have drawn me with lovingkindess.  Jeremiah 31:3
 I Do love You and hope that You will use me to glorify Your name. 
Amen
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment